Samsung R&D-India has completed her 20th year presence in India in 2016. ‘Make for India’ initiative alongside ‘Make in India’ program is the ‘New Now’ for Samsung. This year-end presentation is based on my recent Invited Talk on the same title in ‘India Design Summit 2016’ (#ciidesign) organized by CII, NID-Ahmedabad and India Design Council [detailed program in http://www.ciidesign.in/index.php/ciidesign/india_design_summit_program].
While designing and engineering Entry- and mid-level Smartphones for masses, special focus has been made:
* UX has been developed simple, easy, and open on ‘Air UX’ principle.
* Ultra-power saving (UPS) and ultra-data saving (UDS) introduced in order to deal with power outage, BW limitation and excessive cost concerns.
* S-Bike mode created to promote that bike rider park vehicles before taking calls.
* ‘Delighting India’ feature offered to match mood of special days and cultural heritage through wallpapers, caller tunes etc.
* Sustainable solutions for Aadhaar-based services and cashless transactions.
Beyond smartphones, Samsung has also introduced products especially for India market: Roti/Naan-maker, ActiveWash washing machine, Freezer/Fridge (Expansion/ Vacation-mode), SmartClass.
[For Weekly technology article, follow the author in linkedin or twitter (@AloknathDe)].